[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:19:55 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:30:02AM -0500, Phil Barnett wrote:
> Actually, this 'you are subscribed as' is a good idea anyway. When
> people subscribe under one address and it goes through a couple of
> forwarding mailboxes that mung the headers and then dies, it's
> difficult to tell what the original subscriber name was sometime. This
> would alleviate that.

*Whoa* yeah!

Any error message that doesn't include the parameter of a bad call
should cause it's writer to be shot.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")