[Mailman-Developers] Can't get VERP to do much

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:36:48 -0800

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:27:49PM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:
> > root@gandalf:/var/local/mailman/Mailman# grep VERP_ mm_cfg.py
> > VERP_FORMAT = '%(bounces)s+%(mailbox)s=%(host)s'
> > VERP_REGEXP = r'^[^+]+?\+(?P<mailbox>[^=]+)=(?P<host>[^@]+)@.*$'
> > VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1
> > VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
> > VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
> >
> > I left the defaults
>
> Those aren't current.

Indeed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I probably missed that at my last CVS update.

Works much better now:
Feb 26 14:33:41 2002 (30145) test: sfsadfsadf@gandalf.merlins.org bounce score: 1.0

Note  to Barry:  some "can't  parse string"  or "unhappy  with VERP  string"
instead of a  traceback and a non obvious "IndexError:  no such group" would
be nice :-)

Thanks,
Marc