[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:33:39 -0500

    PB> Actually, this 'you are subscribed as' is a good idea
    PB> anyway. When people subscribe under one address and it goes
    PB> through a couple of forwarding mailboxes that mung the headers
    PB> and then dies, it's difficult to tell what the original
    PB> subscriber name was sometime. This would alleviate that.

    PB> I have a list right now that has this problem and I've yet to
    PB> figure out which subscriber is causing the problem.

Again, another of the wonderful things you can do if you turn on
personalized email and don't mind the extra resources that consumes.
The additional substitution variable is `user_address'.

time-machine-again-ly y'rs,
-Barry