[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:06:39 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:55:17AM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:

> > > The *user*, when the list machinery breaks completely, and there's no
> > > obvious target address to complain to.
> >
> > While this might be a good point, it's wrong and unhelpful to Marc's
> > question.
>
> "wrong" was misstated; what I meant to say was "the user is not
> part of Mailman".

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, here.  The user is the most
important part of any system (or we wouldn't go so far out of our way
to coddle them), and they are the only part affected by this.

Does the fact that you don't consider the user "part of mailman" mean
that you don't think it's important that they have a way to contact the
server admin when everything breaks?

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")