[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Plain Text Only

Fil fil@rezo.net
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:26:38 +0100

@ Marc Perkel <marc@perkel.com> :
> I'd like a flag to disallow mime/html messages as an anti-spam feature.
> Most spam has pictures - html - java - etc - and prohibiting these
> messages could be an effective tool in reducing spam.

Here's something that would be most useful against spam: somewhere in the
pipeline check the message against the "razor" (**) spam database, and send
it to the trash if it matches.

I think it's possible to use the method described earlier by Barry (*) to
plug in this test, but I'm afraid I don't know how to code it, even as
simple as it looks.

(*)  message-id <15413.22769.325250.98323@anthem.wooz.org>
(**) razor-check is at http://razor.sourceforge.net/razor-check.html

-- Fil