[Mailman-Developers] Notes about 2.1a4 version
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:46:52 +0100
I have also installed
this version for testing the Czech translations. And I have found
some bugs. The biggest hangs on admin page, becouse I have send it
from wrong address. Here are some more:
1) The admin messages doesn't have MIME headers at all:
Content-type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-2
this is vitally needed to be in czech emails.
2) Mailman crashes if there is not localized html template for
some page. I think it should print only a message
or better, use english one from /en/ tree.
3) in file crontab.in is broken this entry
# At 9AM, send notifications to disabled members that are due to be
# reminded to re-enable their accounts.
0 9 * * * /usr/bin/python2 -S @prefix/cron/disabled
there should be @prefix@
4) in README.POSTFIX is
- Run the genaliases script to initialize your aliases file.
% cd /usr/local/mailman
but it doesnt generate postfix aliases without setting
MTA = 'Postfix' before.
5) it is not a bug, but the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL should be settable per list.
6) Hypermail seems be not working, but I am using MHonArc, so I am not sure.
But I see, Mailman 2.1 will make revolution in mailing list management.
DD DD Dan Ohnesorg, supervisor on POWER
DD OOOO Dan@feld.cvut.cz
DD OODDOO Dep. of Power Engineering
DDDDDD OO CTU FEL Prague, Bohemia
OO OO work: +420 2 24352785;+420 2 24972109
OOOO home: +420 311 679679;+420 311 679311
Nekdy je rozumne o krok ustoupit, aby se prodlouzil rozbeh.