[Mailman-Developers] Notes about 2.1a4 version

Dan Ohnesorg Dan@feld.cvut.cz
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:42:27 +0100

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 01:05:51AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     DO> 2) Mailman crashes if there is not localized html template for
>     DO> some page. I think it should print only a message or better,
>     DO> use english one from /en/ tree.
>
> Hmm, do you have any more details?  I can't seem to find one that crashes.

for example:

                              in output, it is http header.

Bug in Mailman version 2.1a4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 86, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 85, in main
    Auth.loginpage(mlist, 'admin', msg=msg)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/Auth.py", line 58, in loginpage
    }, mlist=mlist)
  File "../Mailman/Utils.py", line 477, in maketext
    raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'admlogin.html'

I have figured this out, becouse there are some new templates in
/en/ directory, which are not translated/localized
in other supported languages. In gettext is
it OK, not found translation=use original version.

>     DO> 5) it is not a bug, but the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL should be
>     DO> settable per list.
>
> Hmm, yeah, but so far I'm avoiding this.  How important will this be?

Not very. I have also some official lists for uni and some
unofficial for friends. The unofficial are archived on another machine(s).
But it is also possible send redirect while client
accesses not locally archived maillist archive.

>     DO> 6) Hypermail seems be not working, but I am using MHonArc, so
>     DO> I am not sure.
>
> Do you mean Pipermail?  Seems to work for me.

It has sayd somethink about HyperArch.Article, but I am now not able
to reproduce it. It was probably only some temporary problem.

cheers
dan

 / Dan Ohnesorg                              Dan@ohnesorg.cz \
<  Jinočanská 7                        252 19  Rudná u Prahy  >
 \ tel: +420 311 679679 +420 311 679976 fax: +420 311 679311 /

Marketing:
 My spotrebitele nezneuzivame. Delame jenom to, ze je podrzime
 dokud je nezneuziji prodavaci.