[Mailman-Developers] documentation for config.pck elements?

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:15:43 -0800 (PST)

They're rapidly changing, so probably not.  Barry adds new
things all the time, and changes functions of them, etc.
In other words, I wouldn't call Mailman's MailList object
(which is really what that file contains) a public API.

It might be that inverting the problem might be the right
answer: Mailman 2.1 goes through an API for all "member"-type
queries, and so perhaps storing the member info external to
config.db via a new "member-adaptor" interface, so that TMDA
could also access it through a stable interface, would
be the right Mailman/TMDA integration answer?  See MemberAdaptor.py
and OldStyleMemberships.py.

(of course Barry will chime in too.)

Interesting, though; just trying out SpamAssassin, and while it's
working fairly well right now, the concept of TMDA is interesting
now that I've spent some brainpower on out-of-the-box ideas about
spam filtering.  It's not very obvious to me that I can use it,
though, since I'm not in a position to change my first-line MTAs
here at work, and I'd be willing to bet they don't forward the
user-extension form of address.