[Mailman-Developers] -bounces becoming crazy, typo in bin/newlist (and bin/rmlist)

Fil fil@rezo.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:01:40 +0100

1) I've just faced a huge problem: the listname-bounces address has become
crazy, sending bounced messages to the list-admins, and issuing "You have
been removed from list" messges to bouncers, then again, then again, in a
loop that sent 4000 messages before I interrupted it by sending all -bounces
information into /dev/null  (latest CVS)

2) There's a small typo in newlist: a double-quote is missing at the end of
the listname-admin line (the same happens with bin/rmlist)

mailman@miel:~$ bin/newlist test
Enter the email of the person running the list: fil@rezo.net
Initial test password:=20

To finish creating your mailing list, you must edit your /etc/aliases (or
equivalent) file by adding the following lines, and possibly running the
=0Eewaliases' program:

## test mailing list
test:          "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
test-admin:    "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test
test-bounces:  "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test"
test-join:     "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman join test"
test-leave:    "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman leave test"
test-owner:    "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"
test-request:  "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman request test"

-- Fil