[Mailman-Developers] Strange problem after a year of service

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:01:35 -0500

    DW> If you can get to the mail logs on the server (someplace in
    DW> /var/log/ maybe, often called "mail." something, and do a
    DW> "tail -f logfilename" while you send some mail to the list,
    DW> you can sometimes gain some insights.

Yep, also check the Mailman logs in $prefix/logs and check the Mailman
queue $prefix/qfiles.  What version of Mailman?  What version of
Python?  Did any of these change?  Did they upgrade any system
software?  Did they muck with cron?  Maybe your crontab entries got
wasted.

    PTS> I recently upgraded my server space (about 2:30 today) and
    PTS> the list stopped working at about 2:30 today. Hmmmm. They
    PTS> (the techs) said that the only thing they did was allocate
    PTS> more space on the servers I was on for me to use and they
    PTS> touched nothing else.

As a former (and sometimes current reluctant) sysadmin, I just don't
believe this. :)  It's too suspicious.

-Barry