[Mailman-Developers] Importing email 0.96 problem

Colin Mackinlay mailman-list@mackinlay.demon.co.uk
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:20:43 +0000 (GMT)

In <URL:news:local.mailman-d> on Mon 28 Jan, Jason R. Mastaler wrote:
> barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:
>
> > Also, you may want to try upgrading to Python 2.1.2 to see if that
> > fixes the problem.
>
> Why not upgrade to Python 2.2 instead?  Since 2.2 comes with the email
> module, he won't have to worry about installing it separately which
> seems to be the crux of his problem.
This is what I did originally, it makes a bit of a mess as 2.2 doesn't
install by default into the same place that 2.1 lives (may be a Mandrake
issue). Also what I go were a number of errors (from bsddb3 I think)
which complained that programs were linked to differen versions of a
library file.

I went back to trying to hack 2.1.1 into using email as I was concerned
that the libray errors were why my lit moderator pages wouldn't let me
confirm new subscription requests.

--
Colin Mackinlay