[Mailman-Developers] USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER is not flexible enough

Jason R. Mastaler jason-list-mailman-developers@mastaler.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:57:51 -0700

barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> True.  I wonder if Reply-To: ought to be added to the mix?

It wouldn't hurt.  FWIW, TMDA checks Reply-To: in addition to From:
and the envelope sender.

> Note that all are easily spoofable, so that argument doesn't bother
> me much.

Exactly.  Which is why I don't understand why all MLMs don't do this.
It just makes things more difficult for list subscribers.  Majordomo
checks just From: and Reply-To:, ezmlm checks just the envelope
sender, etc.  Well, at least we are "fixing" this here.

> If so, the order ought to go (I think)
>
> 1. From:
> 2. From_
> 3. Reply-To: