[Mailman-Developers] A quick pointer

Alan Batie alan@rdrop.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:33:04 -0700

I'll confess I've never hacked python, but it looks pretty straightforward
and I'm really tired of going in and weeding out the spam from my several
lists every few days.  The FAQ for tossing everything is tempting, but I'd
like to fix it right and add a setting that says "Discard every post not
from a subscriber".  I was hoping I could get three quick pointers here
so I don't have to wade through the whole thing:

1.  Where do the settings listed on the web page get set?

2.  Where do they get processed when you submit the form?  (I'm assuming
    looking at this will also tell me how to query the setting later)

3.  Where does the decision of what to do with a message not from a
    subscriber happen?

I can probably find this searching through the code, but I thought posting
here would a) let people know someone was attempting this, b) tell me if
someone else is already doing it and c) maybe someone would let me know
if there are any "surprises" lurking...

Thanks...

--
Alan Batie                   ______    www.rdrop.com/users/alan      Me
alan@batie.org               \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle

    A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular.
    -Adlai Stevenson, statesman (1900-1965)