[Mailman-Developers] OSX installation problem - no "mailman" user

Alan Batie alan@batie.org
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:34:15 -0700

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 06:40:41PM -0400, Greg Westin wrote:
> Maybe I didn't enter some necessary things in NetInfo, or
> maybe something's not setgid'd right, or I don't know what.

NetInfo is a holdover from the NextStep days and is a separate user
database.  Most likely, the mailman user is not in the /etc/passwd file
that mailman is looking for.

I'm not familiar enough with either mailman or OSX to say more than that,
but I'm pretty sure that's the area to look in...

--
Alan Batie                   ______    www.rdrop.com/users/alan      Me
alan@batie.org               \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle

    A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular.
    -Adlai Stevenson, statesman (1900-1965)