[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:54:43 -0400

    >> Nope, I think it's the ISPs that will solve the problem,
    >> although it might be in ways mom-and-pops don't like.

    CVR> Actually, the mom and pops will love it. It's us geeks who
    CVR> whine on slashdot about stuff who'll hate it, because the
    CVR> ISPs will solve it for the moms and pops, and those of us
    CVR> capable of and willing to handle it ourselves won't have that
    CVR> option any more...

That's kind of what I meant by the "moms-and-pops", i.e. the little
guys, anybody not on a big ISP.  I predict that AOL, Microsoft, the
cable companies, and the content industry will decide How It Shall Be
-- likely involving secure hardware -- and we simply won't be able to
(or want to) play by their rules.

-Barry