[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:47:55 -0700

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:34:51 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

>> How about a dated address which works transparently for a week then
>> reverts to a TMDA-like filter for another fortnight, and then dies?

> What happens when someone sees an address in the archive six months
> from now and needs to contact that author?

Is that really a valid and interesting case that can't be (usually)
handled by posting directly to the list?

Heck, have a CGI on your archives that allows writing replies back to
the list and/or original poster...  Yeah, I know, arms race, but at
least this is a trivially changed/editable/confoundable system to make
difficult to automate.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?