[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:28:31 -0400

    JCL> I don't supply mboxes (or any other raw form of my archives).
    JCL> Providing mboxes or some other off-line form of the archives
    JCL> is the most common archive-related request I receive.

I'd like to better understand the motivation for those requests.  In
my cases I think it's because Pipermail archives don't give you two
important things: posting replies via the web, and the ability to
forward archive messages to an email address.

    >> Any chance you could make it down to DC for a side trip?  We
    >> could have a Mailman hacking sprint over a few dozen steamed
    >> Maryland blue crabs and some cold ones. :)

    JCL> You might just drag me out to the other coast with offers
    JCL> like that.

August and September are prime crab-pickin' months y'know, and even
though they're expensive this year, I'm not adversed to a quick
morning hop down to the Eastern Shore for a bushel of jumbos. :)

paper-towels-are-for-wimps-and-old-bay-can-really-grease-a-laptop's-
keyboard-not-to-mention-the-wild-goose-ly y'rs, -Barry