[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 00:37:36 -0700

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:33:25 -0400
Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

JCL> Nothing.  BUT, if the addresses are date limited the number of
JCL> addresses in the valid pool is going to tend to be small (ie number
JCL> of posters within the last window).  This perforce forces SPAM
JCL> harvesters to constant updating of their lists and a resultant huge
JCL> rate of bad addresses.

> Plus, if you do server alias replacement, you have another technique
> at your disposal -- you can quarantine messages for some amount of
> time and watch for multiple copies to your aliases.  List admins would
> be able to move the lever between more immediate delivery and longer
> quarantines as an anti-spam device.

Oooooooooo!  I like it.  The delay wouldn't even have to be large as the
typical volumes would be small (thus making the overhead manageable).  A
couple hours would be just fine for >80% of the cases.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?