[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:47:40 -0400

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:46:12PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> Sorry, I just don't think they'l suceed at nuking free software. Too much
> big business depends on it now. Vigilance is good, but when push comes to
> shove, the ones that are trying to screw it up won't succeed.
>
> Besides, fi the US outlaws it, like, oh, stem cell research, it'll just
> slide overseas out of the US jurisdiction, and the US will find that over
> time, it'll be ata  competitive disadvantage because of it...

You haven't been following the SSSCA/CBDPTA traffic, have you.

It will be illegal, but more importantly, it simply won't *run* -- you
can't store data on the hard drive if you don't have the encryption
keys to talk to it.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")