[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Marc MERLIN marc_news@merlins.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:15:42 -0700

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 05:28:07PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> Actually, the REAL state of the art is that they look up your MX records,
> and do this to the HIGHEST ranked one (not the lowest). This is on the (it
> turns out, quite valid) assumption that it won't be spamblocked as well as
> the main MX relay is, but will be validated to forward stuff in to you. And
> where they're trying that, we're finding it works (grumble grr) damn well.

My secondary  MXes are locked down  even tighter for that  exact reason, and
you should use exim4  with the callout feature where you  will not accept an
rcpt to until after  exim has down a callout from your  secondary MX to your
primary one.
(if the primary one is actually down, then you do accept the mail)

Of course, my secondary MXes do reject mail at SMTP time with SA-Exim :)

Marc