[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Announce] Candidate Mailman 2.0.13patch

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:36:03 -0400

Glad it's working for you now.

    GAVH> Now I'm counting on you to release this patch so that the
    GAVH> 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 patch will work on my machine, or perhaps
    GAVH> document some way I can remove this patch before installing
    GAVH> the real patch to 2.0.13 when the time comes.

When the official 2.0.13 patch is released (let's hope there will be
no 2.0.14 <wink>) and you go to apply it with the patch program, you
will get warnings that some chunks are already applied.  You'll be
asked if you want to undo the patch... just answer "no".  Patch will
leave you with some .rej files which you can ignore.

Alternatively, if you haven't customized your system, you can of
course just download the full 2.0.13 release tarball, run configure
with exactly the same options, and install the new version right
overtop the old version.

-Barry