[Mailman-Developers] Re: Why both a .msg and .db in qfiles?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:36:58 -0400

    >> Mailman v2.1 offers a choice between the above approach and a
    >> pickle.

    JRM> Where is this configured in MM 2.1?

See SAVE_MSGS_AS_PICKLES in Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py for whether
re-queued messages get stored as a pickle or as plaintext.

See METADATA_FORMAT in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py for the storage format
for the metadata dictionary (I was mistaken that it's always a pickle,
in fact it's usually a marshal, and METADATA_FORMAT=METAFMT_MARSHAL is
probably the only one that works, see SF patch #567288).

-Barry