[Mailman-Developers] A question about mime to links

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:39:48 -0400

For give me if this has come up before but I could not find much in a
archive.

I am running a small list with mailman/postfix, I would really like to
demine/dehtml it for the digest users and the archive. The problem is I
still want to support image attachments(maybe a few other types) to the
email(the users like it :-). I had the great idea to convert the attachment
to files and replace them in the email with a URL. I looked around and it
seems 2.1 will handle the attachment issue but I am not sure about
converting to links. SO:

1)changing to sendmail it out, so their goes mimedefang.
2)Any idea how to do this simply
3)it seem version 2.1 beta 2 has most of what I need, Anyone graftied in
subport for what I need with the links.
4)Any Guidance how/where and what level in the code to add it myself
5)I will admint I am not an expert on mime, any show stoppers or "I am
asking for it issues"

MJM