[Mailman-Developers] Cute TMDA use

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:48:30 -0700

On 7/29/02 4:31 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@python.org> wrote:

> I guess if the default moderation bit is set, then we wouldn't send
> out the confirmation message, and non-member postings would have to be
> approved just like they are today.

I would set things up so that they don't go into the moderation queue until
they're confirmed, and then moderated as normal. The moderator stuff doesn't
change, except that the moderator doesn't see them until the user confirms
them. That closes the hole of the moderator having to deal with spam to the
posting address. So basically, you put TMDA in front of the moderator, not
replace the moderator in that case. The list is still moderated, just
whitelisted THEN moderated.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen
asleep yet.