[Mailman-Developers] Re: Integrating TMDA (was Re: Cute TMDA use)

Dan Mick dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:06:49 -0700 (PDT)

>     JRM> This is surely better than nothing, but the shared list is a
>     JRM> pretty integral feature IMO.  I don't think I'd use the MM
>     JRM> built-in support until this was available in some form.
>
> I have to defer to you and others who have actually started using this
> arrangement.  If what you say is the case -- builtin support isn't
> terribly useful without the shared whitelist -- then maybe it does
> make sense to defer until a later Mailman version.  If MM+TMDA does
> the job, then that's probably good enough.

Why does it matter?  Doesn't that just cause the user to go through N
confirmations per server instead of 1, but since the confirmations
are nearly free, who cares?...

Probably missing something again.  But I'm on very few lists that
share a server, so I'd expect the normal behavior of "one confirm per
list per alien address" behavior anyway (I think the only multilist
server I communicate with is python.org).