[Mailman-Developers] Re: Opening up a few can o' worms here...

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:53:22 -0700

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:22:39 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:
> On 7/30/02 10:14 AM, "J C Lawrence" <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

>> Building the archives (even if not the list) with dated or sender
>> addresses TMDA-style starts seeming quite attractive.

> Actually, we're putting everything behind a CGI that'll enforce our
> policies. That way, if the policies change, only the CGI has to be
> modified, not the archives. And we don't have to modify the archives
> -- which is problematic if you take stuff out that later you decide
> ought to be there.  An unmodified archive is a lot easier to deal
> with.

Yeah, I get the same end by a MVC abstraction in my (currently) PHP
template processing code.  The raw PHP file generated by MHonArc is,
well, raw.  The external globally shared code that does the actual
render to HTML etc can re-wrap/re-present etc as desired.

  (Which is really just making a false distinction between PHP pages
  using shared code and a CGI).

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?