[Mailman-Developers] Cute TMDA use

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk
31 Jul 2002 09:10:39 +0100

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 18:20, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:13:54 -0400
> Barry A Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
> > Not necessarily.  Mailman's replybot can be set up to provide that
> > information to them during the confirmation handshake.
>
> Yes, but the point (I think) is that Nathan wants something explicitly
> linked against posting versus subscribing or other generic list
> activity.

We've been exchanging emails for so long and you forget my name (sob)
:-)

As long as everyone posting to the list has been informed of list policy
such as archiving I'm happy.  So one time posters get that through TDMA,
members get it through the subscription.

> Nathan has already stated he's interested in some of the legal CYA, and
> for that (I expect) he needs an explicit decision at the time of first
> post, not first subscribe.

I need them to have been informed.  If they forget thats *their*
problem.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]