[Mailman-Developers] Re: Initial Mailman v2.0 with TMDA and Mime filtering

JasonR.Mastaler JasonR.Mastaler
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:16:30 -0600

J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> writes:

> Given that the alias filter has to execute as a specific effective
> UID/GID any HOW-TO is necessarily going to be MTA specific.  There
> is no agreement or common standard among MTAs for configuring that.

Yup.  Postfix should have a dot-qmail-like interface soon, so at least
Postfix and qmail will no longer have this dilemma.

> Integrating TMDA really isn't that hard a question or problem.

To us sure, but you'd be astonished how few people have gotten it to
work under non-qmail -- or more to the point, how many have tried and
then given up.

> I was interested in integrating TMDA in a fashion that also leant
> itself to integrating other useful tools, rather than making such
> further extensions difficult.  As such I tried to build a framework
> more than a single point solution.

I understand.  It's just when I started reading through your 28K
HOWTO, my head started spinning.  Perhaps this is just because I don't
use Exim and procmail though.

>> What user is the filter process executed as by default?
>
> nobody.nogroup.

How about adding `mailman' to nobody's supplemental groups list so it
can read ~mailman's files?

--
(http://tmda.net/)