[Mailman-Developers] bug demonstration

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 14:44:58 -0700

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 05:35:07PM -0400, Ron Jarrell wrote:
> It's not just subjects that trigger it - I posted a X-Face header two weeks

I'm very aware of that, my initial post mentionned the X-Spam header from
SA, and reference headers from buggy outlooks that forget to put a space
between message-Ids in reference lines

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 05:33:57PM -0400, Ron Jarrell wrote:
> At 12:16 AM 6/2/02 -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >Ahah, and now it barfs on python.org too.
> >
> >I don't get this bug, I really don't...
>
> Yea.  It's not simple line length.  It also appears to really need a
> continuation header to trigger; I think it happened after you replied
> because *now*, thanks to the reformatting that went on on it's way into the
> pickle, it had continuation lines in it.

Mmh, that would make sense.

> I still  think it's  email doing it  - the header  parser likes  to unwrap
> lines with nl's, and rewrap them  later, and I think it's getting confused
> and kicking out an extra NL.

Yep.

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 05:30:30PM -0400, Ron Jarrell wrote:
> Refer to the notes that I posted off and on over the last month, including
> a sample header that triggers the effect.

Actually I posted one too :-)

> I finally  caught a header  *before* it happened by  being cc'd on  a note

I ended up sending my list mail to an alias saved on disk so that I could
see the mail before and after mm.

Marc