[Mailman-Developers] Mail forwarding loops - discovered!

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:10:23 -0700

On 6/13/02 10:19 PM, "Bob Puff@NLE" <bob@nleaudio.com> wrote:

> I'd do the same, if I could figure out --which- user it was!

Watch your monthly password notices and see which ones come back from there.

As I understand what's going on here, the SMTPSVC server is returning an
error message to you. Or attempting to. Sort of. The way it does it is
simply redirect the message back.

There are a couple of other servers that do other similarly bad things. I've
been working with one server vendor for a while to fix some bugs in their
bounce returns. I'm just waiting for them to release the fixed version of
their server before I can say anything (and then I'll go whack on the other,
since I only realize there were two vendors doing this, and it's only
certain buggy releases of their server)

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

The Cliff's Notes Cliff's Notes on Hamlet:
    And they all died happily ever after