[Mailman-Developers] wildcards in poster-without-approval

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:59:01 -0500

    MM> I'd rather Barry concentrate his time on 2.1.

Me too!  MM2.0.x is such stale code (in my brain) that it's basically
got to be a showstopper or security bug to get fixed at this point.

    CVR> Agreed. Features go into new releases. They have to be very
    CVR> persuasively important to the universe to sidetrack 2.1
    CVR> development. Security flaws?  Patch. Serious bugs? Probably
    CVR> patch. New features? That's why we have new releases... With
    CVR> 2.1 well down the road, stopping and doing 2.0.9 is the wrong
    CVR> decision. All IMHO, of course.

I'm just about ready to put a fork in MM2.1.  The next release will be
beta1 (maybe tomorrow).  MM2.1's been over a year in the works at some
point you've got to stop adding new features and kick it out the door
or it'll never get done.  Some folks favorite feature requests will
just have to wait until 2.2 (or 3.0?).

-Barry