[Mailman-Developers] password reminders on umbrella lists

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:42:27 -0500 (EST)

On my test server I've got an umbrella list, which is set for "password
reminders to owner" and "owner suffix is -owner".  The only thing subscribed
to is is a list that gates into a local newsgroup.

Today (because the qrunner was stopped for the last couple of days)
the newsgroup got a message posted to it - it was the note
from the umbrella list, which, despite the umbrella settings, was
sent to the member lists, not the list-owners, and which contained the
password, which I rapidly changed after cancelling the article... Lucky
it's a test list.

This seems, oh, bad, to me...