[Mailman-Developers] Re: Python-2.2 disaster

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:52:26 -0500

    DC> I couldn't figure out how to make it compile without fpectl,
    DC> so I now have a dependency on libsunmath.so (which is a
    DC> licensed product, and ergo not installed on all my systems, so
    DC> my python won't work on all my systems). And I had to settle
    DC> for Solaris's curses, rather than using my ncurses
    DC> installation.  Dommage!

As those are both dynamic libraries, those dependencies are only
linked to the .so's not to the Python executable itself.  Mailman
doesn't use either module so for this application, it shouldn't make a
difference.

-Barry