[Mailman-Developers] How do I turn off line wrapping on template files?

Carson Gaspar carson@taltos.org
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:23:58 -0500

(Yesterday's CVS, Python 2.1.2, Solaris 8 SPARC)

I'm trying to customize the e-mail messages that go out in response to a
subscription (verify.txt and subscribeack.txt). Out-of-the-box, they get
mangled by Util.wrap(), causing havoc with our attempts at formatting. For
example, we can't have:

Please contact one of the following people for more information:
bozo@hotmail.com
jesus@yahoo.com
god@heaven.com

It all appears on one line. Looking at the code, it looks like my choices
are to wrap or not wrap - there's no magic code for "No, I really want a
CRLF here!"

That being the case, I tried adding raw=1 to the maketext calls for
verify.txt (in MailList.py) and for subscribeack.txt (in Deliverer.py). It
worked for verify.txt (huzzah!), but is still wrapping subscribeack.txt
(wah!).

So, am I missing some cool feature of wrap? If not, is there some reason
adding raw=1 isn't working?

--
Carson