[Mailman-Developers] Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

James J. Besemer jb@cascade-sys.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:14:16 -0800

John W Baxter wrote:

> I suspect that sending a few blank messages to a list and being chastised
> for it would be sufficient training for some.

Yes, for some.  ;o)

I think my situation is that there is a very vocal minority who hate HTML and there is a similarly sized minority who can't figure out how to turn it off.  Evidently the new version of AOL is for the most part HTML-only.  Another faction doesn't object to HTML per se except that the text in such messages (for them) appear in too small a font and they can't figure out how to change it.  The majority don't give a rip but a noticeable amount of list traffic is devoted to this tiresome topic.

As the host, I'd like to solve the problem if I can.  Someday...

--jb

--
James J. Besemer  503-280-0838 voice
http://cascade-sys.com  503-280-0375 fax