[Mailman-Developers] migration from Majordomo to Mailman

Heiko Rommel rommel@suse.de
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:10:25 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     HR> just in case somebody finds it usefull I'm including a perl
>     HR> script that will largely easy the migration from Majordomo to
>     HR> Mailman 2.0 - especially if you have more than a few lists.
>
> Cool.  Have you tried it with MM2.1?

No, I didn't.

>     HR> The process of migration is only half-automatic since there
>     HR> are a bunch of params in Majordomo which have no exact
>     HR> counterpart in Mailman.  On the other hand, there are some new
>     HR> params in Mailman which had to be set to a default value.
>
>     HR> The script is far from being perfect - but it worked from me
>     HR> and the 208 lists I had to migrate ;-)
>
> It's written in that /other/ P-language, but I guess since you're
> migrating we can forgive you :).

I really hoped that - especially 'cause I'm learning the more recent P-language now ;-)

> May I add this to the contrib subdirectory?  Would you mind
> re-releasing it with a GPL license?

Please go ahead. GPL is just fine.

> -Barry

Remember to have fun,

Heiko Rommel            phone  +49-911-740 53 696
SuSE GmbH               fax    +49-911-741 77 55
Deutschherrnstr. 15-19  mail   rommel@suse.de
90429 Nuernberg         www    http://www.suse.de/
Germany