[Mailman-Developers] Big archives

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk
08 Mar 2002 17:21:26 +0000

The exim list has been running since 1996, migrated to mailman in 99,
and has all the arhives online at
	http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/

I've had comments from people that this page is now too slow to load -
since I roll the archives weekly (high traffic list) there are around
300 lines of basic archive index in the html table.

I don't like the idea of migrating chunks out, but maybe some means of
handling large archive chunks would be useful.  It is of course an
archiver rather than a mailman issue, so a new wonderfully enhanced
pipermail is the answer :-)

	Nigel
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]