[Mailman-Developers] Re: [BUG] Users are created as moderated in CVS mailman

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:05:25 +0900

    BG> I'm not at all sure why this is, but on a completely fresh
    BG> install of CVS mailman, even though DEFAULT_NEW_MEMBER_OPTIONS
    BG> = 256, all my new list members are created with the
    BG> 'moderated' flag on.

    BAW> For new members, the moderation bit flag is controlled by the
    BAW> list configuration attribute default_member_moderation.  See
    BAW> the Privacy/Sender Filters for the list config and
    BAW> DEFAULT_DEFAULT_MEMBER_MODERATION for the initial value of
    BAW> this attribute.

Okay, but this means that new list members will not be able to post to
lists until the admin sets them to be un-moderated, right, by default?

What exactly do we gain from this?

This was a *completely fresh* install of CVS mailman, and I had to
go in and turn the 'moderated' flag off for all users I added to
any lists.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters U and Z and the number 14.
"Sculch is junk."