[Mailman-Developers] Re: [BUG] Users are created as moderated in CVS mailman

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:49:40 -0800

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:10:15AM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> On 3/11/02 11:33 PM, "Ben Gertzfield" <che@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Just changing the default from underneath admins who upgrade a minor
> > release (heh) from 2.0 to 2.1 will confuse the hell out of everyone.
>
> If that's what you think, you should have been yelling to have this named
> Mailman 3.0 long ago. I think it's unfair to try to play this at this point
> in development, over this feature.

There may yet be another option:
What if it defaults to moderate for new installs and non moderate for
upgrades?
After all, Defaults.py is generated from configure already, so...

Marc
(who doesn't really care either way on that setting)