[Mailman-Developers] Re: [BUG] Users are created as moderated in CVS mailman

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:52:56 -0800

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:20:14AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Yes, let's not confuse upgraded lists with new lists.  Specifically,
> if an upgraded list had the `moderated' value set to true, all members
> will get their moderate flag turned on (since `moderated' goes away in
> MM2.1, this is the only way to migrate the list's behavior).  If the
> upgraded list had the `moderated' value set to false, members will not
> get their moderate flag turned on.
>
> I /think/ (hope ;) we're simply arguing about the default value for
> the moderate flag for new members to newly created (i.e. only existed
> under MM2.1) lists.

Again, I do not  overly care what it gets set to, it's  a default, and I can
change  it  either  way,  but  I  was actually  saying  that  the  value  in
Defaults.py could be set to 0 if you are upgrading a mailman install, and it
could be 1 otherwise.
What  this means  is  that when  Ben  upgrades his  installs,  the value  in
Defaults.py would be 0, whereas it would be 1 for new mailman installs.

Just a possible suggestion. Feel free to ignore me :-)

Marc