[Mailman-Developers] Re: [BUG] Users are created as moderated in CVS mailman

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:47:02 +0900

    BAW> Here's another idea/compromise: in the screen where you
    BAW> create new lists through the web, I could easily add another
    BAW> binary toggle, like "Should your new list quarantine new
    BAW> members?" which would set the default value for
    BAW> default_member_moderation.

    BAW> This is in cvs now.  Hopefully this will put the issue to
    BAW> bed.

This is okay, but I would still much much prefer it if
DEFAULT_DEFAULT_MEMBER_MODERATION were just set to 0, Barry.

I love the feature, but I hate changing the default.  Please trust me
when I say you will get hundreds of flaming bug reports from people
who do not use the web interface (only knowing 'newlist' as the way to
create lists) then have to manually set each user's moderated flag by
hand.  It's still a huge change from Mailman 2.0.

I still think DEFAULT_DEFAULT_MEMBER_MODERATION should be set to 0.
The web interface choice, though, is nice.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters X and U and the number 2.
"I wanna be Twist Barbie!"