[Mailman-Developers] Stripping HTML

Mikhail Zabaluev mhz@alt-linux.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:04:20 +0300

Hello Fil,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:37:22AM +0100, Fil wrote:

> > Mikhail Zabaluev wrote:
> > > Sorry to ruin your PhD, but will the
> > > "lynx -dump -assume-charset='$charset_from_header'" command serve fine?
> > > I happily use it to display HTML in the Mutt pager pane.
>
> Did you manage to use it as a mail filter (ie without opening mutt in a
> console?) I've never been able to have something like
>
> /etc/aliases:
> listname:  "|superfilter |/path/to/ml/manager"
>
> Where superfilter would demime as intelligently as possible, ie, use
> /etc/mailcap for all *2text programs it knows of. Inside mutt almost
> everything (richtext, html, images, PDFs, MSWord documents, etc.) is
> transformed into text.

I'm unaware of such a filter. demime is used widely, but I doubt it
uses /etc/mailcap.
mailcap, as I know it, won't serve good for stream filters; essentially,
only entries flagged as "copiousoutput" are useable for producing
stream output.

--
Stay tuned,
  MhZ                                     JID: mookid@jabber.org