[Mailman-Developers] Missing footers with latest CVS

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:01:53 +0900

    Mikhail> UTF-16 architecture-specific? Whatever happened to BOM
    Mikhail> characters?

Yes, there is the BOM to flag which endianness you're using.  I'm
mostly being facetious, though, because I don't think MUAs aside from
broken beta versions of Outlook Express would even dare to use UTF-16
in real email for the real world.

If we run into any, then we can rethink adding the footer in us-ascii,
but for now I think it's acceptable to keep people from saying "where
have my footers gone?"

Currently we're always adding the footer anyway, so this is a step
in the right direction.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters N and Y and the number 1.
"I choose YOU! Pikachu!"