[Mailman-Developers] Mailman can't handle MIME: Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable?

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:03:35 +0900

    James> Users of one of my mailing lists got a nasty surprise when
    James> a posted message was repeatedly sent to them.

    James> I traced the problem down to an instance of the standard
    James> End-Of-Message marker (a lone period on a line) in the
    James> middle of the posted message.

    James> The smtp daemon is sendmail 8.12.1.  Mailman is version
    James> 2.0.8 with DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect' in Defaults.py.

    James> Am I missing some Mailman switch to tell it to recognize
    James> messages with the Content-transfer-encoding:
    James> quoted-printable tag?

Mailman 2.0's handling of MIME messages in general was very sub-par.

Mailman 2.1 has an entirely re-written infrastructure for MIME message
handling, and likely has fixed this bug (the old quoted-printable
module had some serious flaws and has been re-written).

If you could send us a copy of the naughty message, we could test
it with Mailman 2.1 from CVS and let you know if the bug has been
fixed, but I'll bet that it has been fixed now.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters H and A and the number 16.
"I wanna be Twist Barbie!"