[Mailman-Developers] Is there a stupid Python trick to save me?

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:01:34 +0900

    Miroslaw> We experienced the same case. In fact - initially we
    Miroslaw> though there are two problems with strange similarity: -
    Miroslaw> Problem with growing Re: Re: Re:[...]

    Miroslaw>   Some users keep sending Subject: encoded ( in our case
    Miroslaw> it was base64 ) Mailman doesn't look into encoded
    Miroslaw> string, doesn't find Re: to remove, just adds its own
    Miroslaw> Re: to the beginning of the Subject: header.

This is fixed in CVS.  Mailman is now base64/quoted-printable aware
for the Subject: line, and will not add the "[Listname] " prefix
if the "Listname" string is already in the subject.

    Miroslaw> - Sometimes Mailman haven't removed it's own signature

    Miroslaw>   The same situation as previous, except whole mail
    Miroslaw> content was encoded by the user, who had responded to
    Miroslaw> the mail, and didn't removed list signature

In this case, Mailman will no longer add the signature to Base64
messages.  If the user quotes the entire list signature and replies
using Quoted-Printable, I'm not sure what will happen.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters W and U and the number 12.
"A calpac is a large cap."