[Mailman-Developers] moderation...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:22:51 -0500

    >> - Would you be happy with an emergency switch that applied to
    >> all postings, from members and non-members alike, even if the
    >> non-members are on the "accept these non-members" list?

    CVR> Yes. Sometimes, you need a "time out, let's settle down"
    CVR> switch.

This is in cvs now, complete with Rude Solo Light <wink>.  For
messages held while in emergency mode, no notifications are sent to
the list owner or to the sender (I suspect both would be highly
annoying, and no, I don't want to add yet another knob to control
this).

Messages get through if they have an Approved: header with the list
owner or moderator password.  That seems to be the only unspoofable
token we can rely on.

Enjoy,
-Barry