[Mailman-Developers] Headers and footers not appearing

Nick Simicich njs@scifi.squawk.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:18:40 -0500

All headers should not be case sensitive, so far as I know.

This is right out of RFC822:

 >     3.4.7.  CASE INDEPENDENCE
 >
 >        Except as noted, alphabetic strings may be represented in  any
 >        combination of upper and lower case.  The only syntactic units
 >
 >     August 13, 1982              - 14 -                      RFC #822
 >
 >     Standard for ARPA Internet Text Messages
 >
 >        which requires preservation of case information are:
 >
 >                    -  text
 >                    -  qtext
 >                    -  dtext
 >                    -  ctext
 >                    -  quoted-pair
 >                    -  local-part, except "Postmaster"

Unless I am mistaken, this does not define any fields or sub-field names as
case dependent.  Those comparisons should all be done independent of
case.  Now if you are noting that the subject field is case independent,
then you are probably right, subject is defined as "text".