[Mailman-Developers] Upgrading from mailman-2.0.8 to mailman-2.1a4

Kory Wheatley wheakory@isu.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:24:07 -0500

I recently tried to upgrade from mailman-2.0.8 to mailman-2.1a4 , ( I
have python 2.2 installed on Red Hat 7.2 ) I received this error below.
I'm not  too efficient in debugging Python code yet.  Can you recognize
the problem?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/update", line 47, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 58, in?
     from Mailman.SecurityManager import SecurityManager
  File "/home/mailman/Maillman/SecurityManager.py", line 62, in  ?
     from Cookie import SimpleCookie as Cookie
ImportError: cannot import name SimpleCookie
make: *** [update] Error 1

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kory Wheatley
Computing & Communication Idaho State University