[Mailman-Developers] Re: minor config issue: web_page_url is stored in list config

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:52:12 -0500

    HK> Especially since it was exported in 2.0.8, as I just
    HK> discovered while looking for something else...

True, but then web_page_url used to be configurable through-the-web.
It isn't anymore, because it's quite error prone, and if you f*ck it
up, your list will be completely inaccessible except through the
command line (i.e. all your urls will be severely busted).  So I took
it out of the web interface.

Really bin/config_list is tied to the web interface, while
bin/withlist gives you absolute control over all list object
attributes.

-Barry