[Mailman-Developers] a bug? the latest CVS (2.1b1)

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:45:09 -0500

At 10:28 PM 3/18/02 -0500, Mentor Cana wrote:

>The "Emergency moderation of all list traffic" check-box does not stay
>checked beyond the current session. If you "Logout" and login back that the
>check-box is uncheck and the red-color disappears.

I'm seeing the same thing.  The config.pck file does have an emergency attribute,
which is set at 0, so it doesn't look like that setting is actually getting saved into
the pickle.

In admin.py I note that it's built as a CheckBox('emergency', 1, mlist.emergency)..
is using a "1" there functionally equivalent to saying "on" or "off" like it's used every
where else?

I'm thinking that safeint is forcing it to 0 when it's saving it, because it's coming
back as "on" or "off", and safeint is expecting a number.

(As an aside... Is there any reason to keep the .db files?  They're version 36 and
we're at version 68...  I certainly hope nothing is using them..)